Universal Desktop Converter 2 (UDC2)
The Universal Desktop Converter 2 (UDC2) thin client software provides a highly effective alternative to traditional thin client hardware. The software is installed as the operating system on PCs, notebooks and selected thin clients, and turns the hardware into a powerful software-based and universally deployable thin client allowing secure access to almost all centralized IT infrastructures. Users have stable and reliable access to cloud computing services, server-based computing (SBC) applications and virtualized desktops (VDI). The local desktop operating systems are unified and standardized, and are centrally managed by IGEL’s user-friendly Universal Management Suite (UMS), the industry’s leading device management platform. The UDC2 software is available at a low, one-time cost. The UMS is included – free.
- Cost-effective, no additional hardware investment
Extended life of old/depreciated desktop hardware.
- Access to a wide range of centralized IT infrastructures
Future-proof desktop access solution.
- IGEL Universal Management Suite included with delivery
Efficient, secure and site-independent remote administration of all devices, standardized management of PC and notebook platforms, and existing IGEL thin clients.
- Standardization of desktop operating systems on PCs and thin clients.
- Power Management for mobile devices
- No additional hardware costs, cost-effective to buy
- Immediately frees up funds in the IT budget that can then be used for other investments
- Enables the step-by-step introduction of SBC and VDI (virtual desktops)
- Efficient, secure and site-independent remote administration of the devices
- Standardized management of PCs, notebooks and thin clients
- Dramatic reduction in desktop administration costs
- Extends the lifecycle of new and existing desktop hardware
- Future-proof, update-enabled desktop thin client solution
- Standardized unified PC and Thin Client GUI in mixed environments
The most cost effective operating system with the best performance. IGEL’s embedded Linux offers maximum stability and security. Having a strong in house development IGEL customers can be sure to get always the newest updates and features integrated in a rock-solid firmware.
IGEL Technology Partners and Compliance
IGEL is a registered trademark of IGEL Technology GmbH. All hardware and software names are registered trademarks of the respective manufacturers. Errors and omissions excepted. Subject to change without notice.