Universal Desktop Converter 2 (UDC2)
The Universal Desktop Converter 2 (UDC2) thin client software provides a highly effective alternative to traditional thin client hardware. The software is installed as the operating system on PCs, notebooks and selected thin clients, and turns the hardware into a powerful software-based and universally deployable thin client allowing secure access to almost all centralized IT infrastructures. Users have stable and reliable access to cloud computing services, server-based computing (SBC) applications and virtualized desktops (VDI). The local desktop operating systems are unified and standardized, and are centrally managed by IGEL’s user-friendly Universal Management Suite (UMS), the industry’s leading device management platform. The UDC2 software is available at a low, one-time cost. The UMS is included – free.
- Cost-effective, no additional hardware investment
Extended life of old/depreciated desktop hardware.
- Access to a wide range of centralized IT infrastructures
Future-proof desktop access solution.
- IGEL Universal Management Suite included with delivery
Efficient, secure and site-independent remote administration of all devices, standardized management of PC and notebook platforms, and existing IGEL thin clients.
- Standardization of desktop operating systems on PCs and thin clients.
- No additional hardware costs, cost-effective to buy
- Immediately frees up funds in the IT budget that can then be used for other investments
- Enables the step-by-step introduction of SBC and VDI (virtual desktops)
- Efficient, secure and site-independent remote administration of the devices
- Standardized management of PCs, notebooks and thin clients
- Dramatic reduction in desktop administration costs
- Extends the lifecycle of new and existing desktop hardware
- Future-proof, update-enabled desktop thin client solution
- Standardized unified PC and Thin Client GUI in mixed environments
The most cost effective operating system with the best performance. IGEL’s embedded Linux offers maximum stability and security. Having a strong in house development IGEL customers can be sure to get always the newest updates and features integrated in a rock-solid firmware.
Included: IGEL Universal Management Suite (UMS) 4
With IGEL thin client computing, the total cost of ownership (TCO) of the desktop environment can be cut by up to 70%. A substantial portion of this potential for optimizing computing environments is due to powerful features of the IGEL Universal Management Suite, which comes standard with all IGEL units. It offers numerous local protocols, software clients, tools and security features, undergoes continuous development and refi nement and sets the standard when it comes to secure and fast management of extensive thin client installations located across several countries/regions. The IGEL Universal Management Suite supports a wide variety of operating systems, databases and directory services, such as Microsoft Active Directory, making it very easy to integrate into existing installations. Furthermore, the IGEL Universal Management Suite also permits problem-free, compatible management of earlier IGEL models.
IGEL Technology Partners and Compliance
IGEL is a registered trademark of IGEL Technology GmbH. All hardware and software names are registered trademarks of the respective manufacturers. Errors and omissions excepted. Subject to change without notice.