Signature pads – handwritten e-signatures
Signature pads enable biometric handwritten signatures to be captured quickly, easily, electronically and with no media discontinuity. Handwritten e-signatures are growing in importance as an unambiguous, conscious declaration of intent – from the signing of a simple document to that of complex contracts.
StepOver: more secure than on paper
The biometric signature from StepOver is more secure than one on paper, because dynamic features are captured. That ensures these signatures are also legally binding, since electronic signature products from StepOver GmbH have been validated by an expert report from a court-approved, independent handwriting analyst. StepOver is the European market leader in hardware and software for handwritten e-signatures.
Supported by IGEL thin client hardware and software
All IGEL Universal Desktop thin clients with IGEL Linux (LX) and the zero client ranges IZ2 and IZ3 support StepOver naturaSign pads connected by USB.
- Rapid capture with no media discontinuity: no paper printout required
- Availability: signed documents are stored centrally
- High security: PKI for certificate-based, encrypted communication
- Legal validity: unambiguous, conscious declaration of intent, precise allocation of every signature to a specific pad
- High acceptance: generally acknowledged form of expression of intent
- Simplicity: the signatory does not have to be a member of a trust center
- Verification: the captured signature can be validated by a handwriting analyst – even against signatures on paper.