Reading, UK. July 25, 2019 – IGEL, provider of the next-gen edge OS for cloud workspaces, today announced record results for the first half of 2019. Software revenue growth in the European region, year-over-year, was up 175% during the period with a 57% growth in endpoint units shipped, including hardware and software-defined endpoints. Worldwide, IGEL revenue for the first half of 2019 grew 47%, year-over-year.
Fundamental to the company’s success in 2019 are recent sales wins in healthcare, retail, financial services and public sector. These sales have been fueled by successful alignment and integration with Citrix, Microsoft, Amazon and VMware as IGEL grows its dominant footprint as the next-gen edge OS for cloud workspaces, connecting any hardware, using any protocol, in any cloud for securely managed end user computing, anywhere.
“We set out just three short years ago to disrupt the end user computing landscape by changing the way organisations view this space and we’ve rapidly transformed the industry through what is now the market-leading edge OS for cloud workspaces,” said Simon Townsend, IGEL Chief Marketing Officer for EMEA. “The result has been three years of record growth as we continue to outperform our goals and deliver on our mission to support any device, any cloud, anywhere. We anticipate even greater momentum in the second half of 2019 as we scale our organisation to capitalise on the greenfield opportunity ahead of us which is being driven by the imminent end-of-life of Windows 7 and its impact on the swift adoption of cloud-based workspaces. Our agnostic support for Microsoft WVD, Amazon, Citrix and VMware well positions IGEL to be a leading enabler of cloud workspaces for modern workplaces.”
In support of its rapid growth and European market expansion, IGEL has expanded its executive leadership team through a number of strategic new hires.
- Joining IGEL as CIO is Bernd Sengpiehl. A senior IT executive with strong expertise in business transformation and inspiring high-performance cultures, Sengpiehl joins IGEL from Haufe Group where he was CIO and Head of Software Development. Prior to Haufe Group, he was CIO at AEG Power Solutions.
- Irfan Khurshid has joined IGEL as Global Vice President, Advanced Services. A senior technical and customer services executive, Khurshid has a proven track record for building world-class customer success, services and consultancy practices. He joins IGEL following global customer success and professional services senior leadership positions with Agari, Ivanti and AppSense.
- Casey Cheyne has been named Vice President, Cloud Partnerships where he will lead IGEL’s strategic alliances and cloud ecosystem partner expansion across leading cloud platforms including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud. Cheyne most recently worked for Google, Teradici and Microsoft.
- Joining IGEL to lead its Systems Integrator business is James Shore, as Director of SI & Partner Alliances in EMEA. James was formerly Global System Integrator Manager for Citrix and has held positions at Tata and Cisco.
- Jim Airdo has joined the IGEL strategic alliances team to assist in driving IGEL relationships with Microsoft, Citrix and key accounts. He’ll be developing deeper levels of commitment and technology integration specifically focused on the WVD movement to Azure, AWS and Google Cloud. Prior to joining IGEL, Airdo held various leadership positions at Citrix, AppSense, BMC, Dell and most recently, Microsoft.
- Desiree Bats has joined as Field Marketing Manager for the BENELUX region. Desiree joins from Gartner, where she played a key role in defining and delivering corporate, field and marketing strategies, as well as helping CIOs and IT leaders achieve their business goals in a digital world. She is experienced in creating demand generation plans for the channel.
To further support IGEL’s dramatic growth, the company has also promoted Brad Tompkins to Chief Sales Officer, while Simon Richards will assume the newly created position of Chief Customer Officer, overseeing license renewals, existing business development and “customer-for-life” onboarding. IGEL has also added a number of additional account management, channel sales, presales engineering, and technical architect and training leaders, with impressive industry experience as it continues to expand its sales reach and channel partner enablement programs. In all, IGEL has grown its sales, pre-sales and technical training team 21% over the past 6 months with key hires hailing from such companies Microsoft, Agari, AppSense/Ivanti, Dell, Forward Advantage and Nutanix.
IGEL on Social Media
IGEL Community: www.igel.com/community
IGEL provides the next-gen edge OS for cloud workspaces. The company’s world-leading software products include IGEL OS™, IGEL UD Pocket™ (UDP) and IGEL Universal Management Suite™ (UMS). These solutions comprise a more secure, manageable and cost-effective endpoint management and control platform across nearly any x86 device. Easily acquired via just two feature-rich software offerings, — Workspace Edition and Enterprise Management Pack — IGEL software presents outstanding value per investment. Additionally, IGEL’s German engineered endpoint solutions deliver the industry’s best hardware warranty (5 years), software maintenance (3 years after end of life) and management functionality. IGEL enables enterprises to save vast amounts of money by extending the useful life of their existing endpoint devices while precisely controlling all devices running IGEL OS from a single dashboard interface. IGEL has offices worldwide and is represented by partners in over 50 countries. For more information on IGEL, visit www.igel.com.
IGEL Media Contact:
Tel: +44 (0)7768 145571