San Francisco, Aug. 21, 2018 – IGEL, a world leader in endpoint security and optimization software for the secure enterprise, today announced the launch of the IGEL Knowledge Base. Available at http://kb.igel.com, the online platform replaces the IGEL eDocs platform, providing users with a more modern design that enables faster, more intuitive access to IGEL product documentation.
“When we set out to transition for our existing eDocs platform to the new Knowledge Base, we wanted to create a platform that was easy to navigate, provided users with the ability to search by word combinations and document type, and was also mobile-friendly,” said Matthias Haas, CTO, IGEL. “We’ve accomplished all that and more through a new site that offers a modern design that quickly and efficiently puts relevant IGEL documentation at our user’s fingertips.”
Key features of the IGEL Knowledge Base include:
- Improved information architecture.Thematically grouped content will provide users with faster, more intuitive access to IGEL documentation.
- Responsive, mobile-friendly design. Content is optimized for all mobile devices, and users can easily access the full library of documentation via their smartphone or tablet.
- Powerful full-text search. Users can enter one or more terms in the search field and select the best match. Results contain a description and URL.
- On-demand PDF generation. Integrated button enables users to render a PDF in real-time of the documentation they are currently viewing, Optionally, the PDF generator will also combine related pages providing the user with a comprehensive set of documentation.
- Embedded Videos.Related multimedia content is embedded within the Knowledge Base so that users are not required to leave the site to view videos.
- Multi-language support.Users can easily switch between English and German language versions of the documentation.
- Version control.New versions of corresponding documentation are noted and users can easily select the version that matches their firmware.
- Instant feedback. Users can quickly and easily provide feedback on the Knowledge Base including comments or change requests with the click of a button that opens up an e-mail in their local app that is pre-populated with the subject line and URL.
- Faster content delivery.New wiki technology enables content to be modified or extended much more quickly without requiring the entire documentation to be updated. New or recently updated content is noted on the Knowledge Base landing page.
The IGEL Knowledge Base is available at http://kb.igel.com. IGEL eDocs will continue to be available through July 31, 2019, but all documentation updates will now be made through IGEL Knowledge Base.
IGEL on Social Media
IGEL Community: localhost:9000/community
IGEL delivers powerful unified endpoint security and optimization software that is revolutionary in its simplicity and purpose-built for the enterprise. The company’s world-leading software products include the IGEL OS™, Universal Desktop Converter™ (UDC), IGEL Cloud Gateway™ (ICG), IGEL UD Pocket™ (UDP) and Universal Management Suite™ (UMS). These solutions enable a more secure, manageable and cost-effective endpoint security and optimization platform across nearly any x86 device. Additionally, IGEL’s German engineered and manufactured thin, zero and all-in-one client solutions deliver the industry’s best warranty (5 years), support (3 years after end of life) and management functionality. IGEL enables enterprises to precisely control all devices running IGEL OS as well as Windows OS from a single dashboard interface. IGEL has offices worldwide and is represented by partners in over 50 countries. For more information on IGEL, visit localhost:9000.