Universal Desktop Converter 3 (UDC3)
The software is installed as the operating system on PCs, notebooks and selected thin clients, and turns the hardware into a powerful softwarebased and universally deployable thin client allowing secure access to almost all centralized IT infrastructures.
Users have stable and reliable access to cloud computing services, server-based computing (SBC) applications and virtualized desktops (VDI).
The local desktop operating systems are unified and standardized, and are centrally managed by IGEL’s user-friendly Universal Management Suite (UMS), the industry’s leading device management platform.
The UDC3 software is available at low cost, the UMS is included for free.
Shared Management of PCs and Thin Clients
With IGEL’s Universal Desktop Converter software (UDC) and the IGEL Universal Management Suite (UMS) administration software you can have fast, secure and centralized remote management of heterogeneous hardware installations. This ensures centralized management of PC, notebook and thin client hardware within a homogeneous IGEL Universal Desktop Infrastructure.
After booting and confirmation by the user, the software is easily installed and can be operated intuitively as a new operating system.
Cost-effective, no additional hardware investment
Extends life of old/depreciated desktop hardware
IGEL Universal Management Suite included with delivery
Efficient, secure and site-independent remote administration of all devices, standardized management of PC and notebook platforms, and existing IGEL thin clients
Multimedia Codec Pack
includes: MP3, AAC, WMA Stereo, WMV 7/8/9, MPEG1/2, MPEG4, H.264
Standard dual-screen support
Access to a wide range of centralized IT infrastructures, e.g., SBC, VDI and Cloud Computing Services
Future-proof desktop access solution
of desktop operating systems on PCs and thin clients
for Intel, AMD/ATI and NVIDIA graphic chips
for mobile devices (notebooks)
UEFI mode support
IGEL Linux 10
IGEL Linux 10 is our most cost effective operating system with the best performance. It comes with a broad set of software clients, tools and protocols offering maximum stability and security. IGEL Linux 10 is based on the latest Ubuntu LTS version and offers 64-bit support for absolute future security.
Our proprietary operating system is continuously optimized by our strong in-house development department and is so perfectly adapted to our Thin- and Zero clients. Unique features, include the appliance mode or Café Wireless, are available only under IGEL Linux.Technical specifications
IGEL Software Maintenance Subscription
Use of the IGEL UDC3 requires a paid for one or three year maintenance subscription for each device.
A valid maintenance subscription entitles the holder to:
- One-off activation of the maintenance subscription (start of the maintenance subscription term) via the IGEL Activation Portal (activation.igel.com)
- Download the latest version from the Internet (www.myigel.biz) and installation
- Free access to the IGEL support help desk in the event of problems
- Upgrade to the next major version (e.g. UDC4) on endpoints fulfilling technical requirements
- License transfer to a replacement unit
- No additional hardware costs, cost-effective to buy
- Immediately frees up funds in the IT budget that can then be used for other investments
- Enables the step-by-step introduction of SBC and VDI (virtual desktops)
- Efficient, secure and site-independent remote administrationof the devices
- Standardized management of PCs, notebooks and thin clients
- Dramatic reduction in desktop administration costs
- Extends the lifecycle of new and existing desktop hardware
- Future-proof, update-enabled desktop thin client solution
- Standardized unified PC and Thin Client GUI in mixed environments