Overview Desktop Virtualization
IGEL hardware and software thin clients in the Universal Desktop model series are ideally suited for accessing virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI) from many providers:
Everything you need for a perfect user experience is already integrated and ready to go! You’ll need no additional software. Remotely configure the device, hook it up, and you are ready to go! On the following pages, you will find out more about the most important strengths of IGEL Universal Desktops used in VDI environments:
Support from IGEL software and hardware
To provide efficient access to these environments, all IGEL Universal Desktops support the standard protocols Citrix ICA, Microsoft RDP, PCoIP and SPICE. In addition, IGEL also integrates other helpful protocols and clients in specific firmware packages, including Microsoft RemoteFX, Citrix HDX, 2X and Ericom PowerTerm Web Connect.
Your benefit: standardized delivery of individual desktops
- Greater flexibility: deliver workstation desktops efficiently with the exact features needed.
- Greater productivity: access desktops from any location regardless of the end device used.
- Lower costs: save money even with only a few workstations.
- More multimedia: IGEL hardware and software improves the user experience with features such as multimedia redirection and local decoding.
- Higher security and availability for enterprise IT.
- Increased future-readiness: IGEL Universal Desktops already support a broad range of solutions for virtualizing desktops, sessions and applications.
- Green IT: power consumption and costs are about 30 to 50% lower than for PC-based environments; CO2 emissions are also reduced.