OFFICIAL PROMOTIONS RULES
IGEL “WORKSPACE COOLPLACE” SWEEPSTAKES AND
IGEL “WORKSPACE COOLPLACE” CUSTOMER TESTIMONIAL CONTEST
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED. OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CERTAIN ELIGIBLE JURISDICTIONS AND WHO ARE AGE 21 YEARS OR OLDER. ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE OF A HOME OFFICE MAKEOVER AND SIX (6) PRIZES OF HOME OFFICE BUNDLES IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE OF A HOME OFFICE MAKEOVER IN THE CUSTOMER TESTIMONIAL CONTEST. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
- THE PROMOTIONS ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED. These Official Promotions Rules (“Official Rules”) govern the IGEL “WORKSPACE COOLPLACE” Sweepstakes and the IGEL “WORKSPACE COOLPLACE” Customer Testimonial Contest (with each a “Promotion”, and collectively, the “Promotions”). See chart below for the Sweepstakes drawing numbers, number of Prizes per drawing, and the Drawing Dates. Do not participate in any Promotion unless (a) you are a legal permanent resident, aged 21 years or older, of one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia in the United States of America (“USA”), or of one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom (collectively, such states, district and countries, the “Eligible Jurisdictions”); (b) you meet all of the Eligibility Requirements in Section 3 below; (c) you enter in accordance with all of the terms of these Official Rules; and (d) you will be able to provide the information, documentation and ability necessary to claim the Prize (as defined below). Except as expressly stated herein, entry in a Promotion does not constitute entry into any other contests, sweepstakes or promotions including another Promotion. By participating in a Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- PROMOTIONS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Promotions are open to legal residents of the Eligible Jurisdictions at the time of entry, and who (a) are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry; (b) possess a valid driver’s license, passport, or other official government-issued identification; (c) are information technology (“IT”) executives, managers or architects who are employed by and involved in IT decision-making at mid-market or enterprise companies; (d) fill out an online form and take a brief Sponsor survey (one form and survey is for a Sweepstakes entry and the other form and survey is for existing customers of Sponsor who are submitting a Testimonial (as defined below). In addition, if you are submitting a Testimonial, you must agree and have the ability to accept the Testimonial Home Office Makeover Grand Prize (as defined and further described in Section 7C below) and consent to the Makeover Transformation Video (as defined and further described in Section 7H below). Together, a completed form and a survey, is a “Survey”; (e) if entering the Sweepstakes, (i) sign up (on Sponsor and third-party websites, and through Sponsor and third-party outreach including phone calls, email and social media), and (ii) attend (via Sponsor face-to-face meetings, 1-on-1 virtual meetings 1-to-many meetings, or on Sponsor’s webinars) a short Sponsor presentation and/or product demonstration (approximately 30 minutes total) highlighting the agility, mobility (including work-from-home / remote), manageability, and security benefits of the Sponsor’s products and solutions (together, a presentation and a demonstration, is a “Demonstration”). You must complete the Demonstration no later than the applicable Demonstration Completion Date listed in the chart below; and (f) if entering the Customer Testimonial Contest, your Testimonial, and either Photos or a Video, meets the requirements in Section 5 below, and you also participate in the Virtual Webinar as requested by Sponsor (all terms as defined below). The employees, officers and directors of, and consultants and contractors to, the following companies and company types are not eligible to participate in the Promotions: IGEL America Sales Corp. (“Sponsor”), IGEL Technology GmbH, and its and their reseller partners, technology partners, dealers, and distributors, the official sponsors and organizers of any third-party events where this Promotion is promoted (an “Event”); and each of the foregoing entities’ respective group companies worldwide including, but not limited to, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, business units, and joint partners; and each of the foregoing parties’ respective legal counsel, consultants (including Consultant), contractors, web masters and web administrators, mobile application developers and administrators, financial analysts, accounting firms, auditors, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of the Promotions (all of the foregoing collectively, the “Promotion Entities”). In addition to the employees, officers and directors of, and consultants and contractors to, the Promotion Entities, the members of their immediate families (parents, children including step-children, siblings, and spouse) and persons living in the same households of any of the foregoing individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotions. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of eligibility, to make the final decision on eligibility, and to reject individuals who fail to meet these eligibility requirements.
- ENTERING THE PROMOTIONS
- THE SWEEPSTAKES
The Sweepstakes period begins at 08:00 a.m. Pacific time (“PT”) on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 (“Promotions Start Date”) and ends approximately five (5) hours prior to the Sweepstakes #4 drawing on the Virtual Webinar Date (such period, the “Sweepstakes Period”). Limit of one Sweepstakes entry per person.
Drawings. There will be separate drawings for six (6) Home Office Bundle Prizes, and one (1) Sweepstakes Home Office Makeover Grand Prize. The potential Prize winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected from all eligible entries received prior to the applicable drawing, with the method of selection being a random drawing held by the Sponsor on or about 8:00 a.m. PT on the applicable Drawing Date listed in the chart below (each, an “Award Date”). All eligible non-winning entries from one drawing will rollover into subsequent drawings. A winner of a Sweepstakes drawing is not eligible for entry into any subsequent drawings. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN OR CLAIM YOUR PRIZE. The Sponsor’s decision on the selection of the definitive winner is based on Sponsor’s sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules, and are final and binding in all respects. The potential winner will be announced on the applicable Drawing Date. If the potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s reasonable attempts to contact him or her after the applicable Award Date, fails to qualify to claim the Prize, or cannot or will not accept the Prize for any reason, an alternative potential winner will be selected as promptly as reasonably possible (after Sponsor’s determination that the prior potential winner was not located or failed to accept or qualify to claim the Prize) from all remaining valid and eligible entries. Sponsor’s reasonable attempts to contact the potential Prize winner shall be deemed to be satisfied by a combination of one or more attempts via postal service, telephone calls and/or emails to the contact information provided by the potential Prize winner. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted. If no winner is located or able to accept or qualify to claim a Prize in accordance with the foregoing process, Sponsor will donate the Prize to a Qualified Charity (as defined below) of its own choosing. An entrant is not a winner of any Prize, even if notified of being a potential winner, unless and until the entrant’s eligibility has been verified.
|Sweepstakes Drawing #||Number of Prize Winners Selected||Demonstration Completion Date||Drawing Date|
|1||2*||June 22, 2020||June 25, 2020|
|2||2*||September 7, 2020||September 10, 2020|
|3||2*||December 7, 2020||December 10, 2020|
|4||1**||December 7, 2020||December 10, 2020|
(*) Home Office Bundle Prizes. One (1) winner from the USA or Canada and one (2) winner from the Eligible Jurisdictions excluding the USA and Canada.
(**) Sweepstakes Home Office Makeover Grand Prize. One winner from the Eligible Jurisdictions.
ODDS OF WINNING THE SWEEPSTAKES: The odds of winning a Sweepstakes Prize will depend on the actual total number of eligible Sweepstakes entries for the applicable drawing received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- THE CUSTOMER TESTIMONIAL CONTEST.
The IGEL “WORKSPACE COOLPLACE” Customer Testimonial Contest (“Customer Testimonial Contest”) shall commence on the Promotions Start Date, with the deadline for submitting a Testimonial (and at your option, Photos or a Video) entry being the Testimonial Submission Deadline. The Customer Testimonial Contest itself will end on the Testimonial Winner Selection Date. To enter the Customer Testimonial Contest, you (or your business) must be an existing customer of Sponsor’s products and solutions at the time of your entry, access the “WORKSPACE COOLPLACE” Contest website at www.workspacecoolplace.com(“Website”), complete the applicable official entry form and submit it along with (i) one (1) eligible testimonial using the form provided (“Testimonial”) and photos or a video which meet the requirements in Section 5 below (respectively, “Photos” and “Video”), (ii) a completed and signed Talent Release Form(s) if applicable, and (iii) a completed and signed Assignment of Copyright form, as directed, prior to the Testimonial Submission Deadline. The forms are available for download on the Website. Entries must be submitted no later than the Testimonial Submission Deadline or they will not be considered. Limit of one Testimonial Contest entry per person. An entrant in the Sweepstakes is eligible to enter into the Customer Testimonial Contest. All Surveys and entries (including Photos and Videos) become the property of Sponsor and will be neither acknowledged nor returned. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to edit any submitted Testimonial for brevity and/or clarity.
Qualified individuals selected as judges by Sponsor (“Judges”) will select five (3) finalists from the eligible entries received, which will then be announced and posted on the Customer Testimonial Contest Website on or immediately after the Testimonial Finalists Selection Date. Judges shall use the following criteria in selecting a finalist Testimonial: (1) relation to the theme “Customer Testimonial Contest; (2) how the Testimonial covers BOTH of the following topics: (i) How does IGEL help you run a safe place, smart place, or simply work from home?; and (ii) How is your current workspace negatively impacting your productivity?; and (3) the creativity, originality, and quality of the Testimonial. The winning Testimonial will then be announced and posted on the Website on or promptly after the applicable Testimonial Winner Selection Date.
Each of the three (3) Testimonial finalists is required to participate in the Customer Testimonial Contest “Face Off” event during the Virtual Webinar on the Virtual Webinar on September 30, 2020 by discussing the following two topics: (i) How does IGEL help you run a safeplace, smartplace, or simply work from home?; and (ii) How is your current workspace negatively impacting your productivity? Not participating in the Virtual Webinar will result in automatic disqualification from the voting for the winner, with the Sponsor having the option (but not a requirement) to have the Judges select a replacement finalist from the remaining eligible Entries.
The potential winning Testimonial will be selected by public voting by reviewers of the three finalist Testimonials posted on the Customer Testimonial Contest Website. Voting will be conducted online through the Customer Testimonial Contest Website. Voting for the Testimonials will remain open until the Testimonial Winner Voting Closing Date.
Voting for the winning Testimonial shall be done in the following manner: (i) to vote, visit the Customer Testimonial Contest Website; (ii) anyone can vote; voters do not need to have completed a Survey, attended a Demonstration, or entered a Promotion; and (iii) voters are allowed to vote for more than one entry, however each voter can only vote for a given entry once.
Voters shall use the following criteria when voting: (1) relation to the theme of the “IGEL Customer Testimonial Contest”; (2) how the Testimonial covers BOTH of the following topics: (i) How does IGEL help you run a safeplace, smartplace, or simply work from home?; and (ii) How is your current workspace negatively impacting your productivity?; and (3) the creativity, originality and quality of the Testimonial.
The Testimonial with the most eligible votes at the end of the Testimonial Winner Voting Closing Date shall determine the one (1) winning Testimonial for the Customer Testimonial Contest. In the event of a tie in the online voting, the tied Testimonials will be judged by the Judges and the winner determined by the Judges.
ODDS OF WINNING THE CUSTOMER TESTIMONIAL CONTEST: The odds of winning the Customer Challenge Contest will depend on the total number and caliber of eligible Testimonial Entries received between the Promotions Start Date and the Testimonial Submission Deadline.
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN OR CLAIM YOUR PRIZE. The potential winner will be notified promptly after the Testimonial Winner Selection Date for the Customer Testimonial Contest and the Drawing Dates for the Sweepstakes using all contact information provided to Sponsor by the potential winner. If the potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s reasonable attempts to contact him or her after the applicable Testimonial Winner Selection or Drawing Date, or fails to qualify to claim the Prize, an alternative potential winner from the remaining Testimonial finalists or Sweepstakes Entries, as applicable, will be selected as promptly as reasonably possible (after Sponsor’s determination that the prior potential winner was not located or failed to qualify to claim the Prize). Sponsor’s reasonable attempts to contact the potential Prize winner shall be deemed to be satisfied by a combination of one or more attempts via postal service, telephone calls and/or emails using the contact information provided by the potential Prize winner. An entrant is not a winner of any Prize, even if notified of being a winner, unless and until the entrant’s eligibility has been verified.
- ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY FOR SWEEPSTAKES. No purchase is necessary to enter or claim a Prize in the Sweepstakes. A free, alternative method of entry (“AMOE”) for the Sweepstakes may be submitted by an individual who meets the eligibility requirements in Section 3 by sending a 3½ x 5 inch (8.9 x 12.7 centimeter) postcard, postage-paid, which includes your full name, business’s name, your title, a business telephone number and address, your business email address, and your home address, to Sponsor at: IGEL America Sales Corp., 540 Howard Street, San Francisco, California 94105 USA, Attention: IGEL “WORKSPACE COOLPLACE” Sweepstakes. Limit: one (1) AMOE Entry per person per the Sweepstakes. AMOE entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All AMOE Entries must be received by Sponsor with all required elements no later than the end of the applicable drawing’s Sweepstakes Entry Deadline to be eligible for that drawing. No copied or other facsimile Entries are allowed or will be accepted. All AMOE entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
- TESTIMONIAL, PHOTOS, VIDEO AND REQUIREMENTS.
- Requirements for Testimonials to be an eligible IGEL Customer Testimonial. Tell a story in an engaging Testimonial that covers BOTH of the following topics: (i) How does IGEL help you run a safeplace, smartplace, or simply work from home?; and (ii) How is your current workspace negatively impacting your productivity?
- Requirements for Videos or Photos to be eligible. A Video or Photos is required to enter the Customer Testimonial Contest. Tell a story in an engaging Video or Photos that covers BOTH of the following topics: (i) How does IGEL help you run a safeplace, smartplace, or simply work from home?; and (ii) How is your current workspace negatively impacting your productivity?
- Additional Technical and other Requirements:
- Do not at any time disclose any proprietary, confidential or other non-public, sensitive information that you are not authorized to disclose to third parties, including but not limited to in your Testimonial, Video, Photos, and/or, if you are a Testimonial finalist, during your participation in the Virtual Webinar.
- All Videos and Photos may only be submitted by the following method: (i) e-mailing a link to the original raw Video or Photos files to email@example.com, (ii) forwarding/emailing a link to your Video or Photos located on a video/photo sharing website (e.g., YouTube, Flickr) to firstname.lastname@example.org, (iii) pasting a link to your Video or Photos located on a video/photo sharing website (e.g., YouTube, Flickr) to the designated place on the Website, or (iv) transferring or sharing a copy of the Video file via a managed large file transfer tool (e.g., Dropbox) to email@example.com.
- All Testimonials and Videos must be in the English language.
- Edit your Video/Photos. Only use the shots you absolutely need to tell the story. Videos may contain graphic overlay.
- Do not use material for which you do not own the copyright in your Testimonial or Video/Photos. Do not use pre-recorded or copyrighted music in your Video unless you have a Master Use or Synchronization license. You may use royalty-free music or your own original score.
- Cover up any brand names and/or logos other than those of Sponsor or of your business or organization (unless you have their express written permission), on clothing, hats, background items, props, etc., or use plain, non-branded items.
- Make sure your Video is no more than 5 minutes in length. Anything over 5 minutes will not be judged.
- Make sure your Testimonial is no more than 400 words in length. Anything over 400 words will not be judged.
- Make sure the number of your Photos is no more than 5 total. Anything over 5 Photos will mean your entry will not be judged.
- Before submitting your Video or Photos, compress it into a digital file of no more than 1 Gigabyte if a non-email submission and 10 Megabytes if an email submission.
- Videos should be the highest audio and video quality available using your video camera, computer, smart phone or tablet.
In addition, to be eligible, each Testimonial and Video/Photos entry MUST meet the following criteria:
- All participants in the Video/Photos must understand and agree that the Video/Photos will be shared publicly via social media and other online platforms;
- The Video/Photos and Testimonial may not have been entered into any other contest or won any other prize or award;
- The Video/Photos and Testimonial must not contain material that is dangerous or damaging to persons and/or property, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Video/Photos and Testimonial must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation;
- The Video/Photos and Testimonial must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Video is created; and
- You must maintain proper safety measures and safety rules to ensure your own personal safety and the safety of your cast, crew, and others involved with the production of your Video/Photos.
- PROMOTION EVENTS, DATES AND TIMES INFORMATION:
On Thursday, December 10, 2020 beginning at or about 08:00 a.m. PT, the IGEL virtual webinar (“Virtual Webinar”) shall take place. Go to the official Virtual Webinar registration site at https://igel.zoom.us/j/669503316.
- Testimonial Submission Start Date: on the Promotions Start Date (i.e., Tuesday, April 7, 2020) at 8:00 a.m. PT.
- Testimonial Submission Deadline: Friday, September 24, 2020 at 12 p.m. PT.
- Virtual Webinar Date (Testimonial Finalist “Face Off” event): Wednesday, September 30, 2030 from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. PT. Official Registration link: https://igel.zoom.us/j/392070160.
- Testimonial Finalists Selection Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 05:00 p.m. PT. Selections to be posted to the Website.
- Testimonial Finalists Voting commences: at the time of release of selections of Testimonial Finalists on or about Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
- Testimonial Winner Voting Closing Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 11:59 a.m. PT.
- Testimonial Winner Selection Date: Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 09:00 a.m. PT. Official Registration link: https://igel.zoom.us/j/845992577.
- Sweepstakes Drawing Dates and Sweepstakes Entry Deadline dates:
- Home Office Bundle Prize drawings dates and times: #1 Wednesday, June 25, 2020 at or about 1:00 pm PT, and #2 Thursday, September 10, 2020 and #3 Thursday, December 10, 2020, each at or about 8:00 am PT. The Sweepstakes Entry Deadline dates for these drawings are June 22, September 7, and December 7, 2020 respectively.
- Home Office Makeover Grand Prize drawing date and time: #4 Thursday, December 10, 2020 at or about 8:00 am PT. The Sweepstakes Entry Deadline date for this drawing is December 7, 2020. The drawing date link is https://igel.zoom.us/j/669503316.
- PRIZES; APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”).
- Customer Testimonial Contest Grand Prize. The official winner of the Customer Testimonial Contest Grand Prize (“Contest Winner”) will receive a Home Office Makeover (as described in 8C below) maximum U.S. Dollar (“USD”) $20,000.00 ARV (the “Contest Prize”). The Contest Winner must be able to accept the performance of the Home Office Makeover. No other substitution or alternative is offered, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein.
- Sweepstakes Grand Prize. The official winner of the Sweepstakes Grand Prize (“Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner”) will have the option to either(but only one): (a) receive a Home Office Makeover (as described in 8C below) maximum USD $20,000.00 ARV (“Sweepstakes Grand Prize”), (b) receive a cash prize of USD $20,000.00 ARV (or equivalent in certain other currencies, see below) (“Sweepstakes Cash Prize”); or (c) have a donation from Sponsor in the amount of USD $20,000.00 ARV made to a qualified, 503(c) charitable organization (or a qualified charitable organization in the relevant country if not in the USA) (“Qualified Charity”) of the Sweepstakes Winner’s choosing in Sponsor’s name. Such Sweepstakes Grand Prize, Sweepstakes Cash Prize or charitable donation, is a “Sweepstakes Prize”. No other prize substitution or cash alternative is offered, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein.
- Home Office Makeover Prizes
The two (2) Home Office Makeover Grand Prizes each consist of having a Sponsor-engaged consultant (“Consultant”) provide certain consulting, design, and light remodeling services, as agreed upon between the Prize winner and Sponsor in consultation with the Consultant. “Light remodeling” shall include any labor and installation and may include the following: painting, basic woodworking (e.g., cabinets), flooring options (e.g., rugs), interior window treatments (e.g., shades, blinds), shelving, free standing lamp lighting, and/or basic furniture (e.g., desk, chair), and accessories (e.g., computer monitor, head-sets, organizers, cushions/pillows). Light remodeling/construction will NOT include any work that would require a building or similar permit (e.g., in-wall electrical and plumbing). The Home Office Makeover shall take place at the residence depicted in the winner’s entry. The value of the Home Office Makeover Grand Prize is no greater than USD $20,000.00 ARV.
In addition, in order to win the Testimonial Home Office Makeover Grand Prize you must agree and have the ability to have the Home Office Makeover performed in your residence and consent to the Makeover Transformation Video (as defined and further described in Section 7H below).
- The six (6) Sweepstakes Home Office Bundle Prizes (USD $5,175.00 ARV) each consist of:
(i) IGEL UD3 Endpoint, with one (1) software license for IGEL OS11 and one (1) year (from date of date of delivery of the UD3 to the winner) of IGEL product maintenance – USD $538.00 ARV.
(ii) Microsoft SurfaceBook 2 15-inch Display, – USD $1,499.00 ARV.
(iii) LG 34-inch Curved UltraWide Monitor –USD $750.00.00 ARV.
(iv) Herman Miller Mirra 2 Ergonomic Desk Chair – USD $1,250.00 ARV.
(v) Sennheiser MB Pro Series 1 Bluetooth® Headset –USD $279.00 ARV.
(vi) UpLift Desk E7 Electric Standing Desk Converter – USD $499.00 ARV.
(vii) Cherry DW 9000 Slim Wireless Keyboard & Mouse – USD $76.00 ARV.
(viii)Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Black Coffee Maker – USD $199.00 ARV.
(ix) Vremi Large Room Home Air Purifier – USD $$85.00 ARV.
For each of the three Sweepstakes drawings #1 through #3, there will be one (1) winner from the USA or Canada and one (1) winner from the Eligible Jurisdictions excluding the USA and Canada. No other prize substitution or cash alternative is offered, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein.
- Each of a Contest Prize and a Sweepstakes Prize is a “Prize”. Should the Contest Winner or a Sweepstakes Winner not claim their Prize before the end of five (5) business days from the date of the initial Prize notification, the Prize will be forfeited.
- Claiming A Prize.
Claiming Contest Prize. Within twenty (20) days of being notified by the Sponsor in writing that he or she is the official Contest Winner, the Contest Winner must provide his or her irrevocable and non-cancellable acceptance of the Contest Prize (including providing all of the information and documentation required under Section 7H) to Sponsor in writing. Upon acceptance by Sponsor, the following, among other things, may occur: (a) Sponsor will schedule a kickoff meeting with the winner and Consultant, (b) Sponsor and Consultant will submit a design and project plan to the winner; (c) The winner approves the design and plan, and (d) the Home Office Makeover project will follow the agreed upon plan. Sponsor anticipates that the onsite work for the Home Office Makeover will be no more than three (3) business days. The Home Office Makeover Grand Prize winner must arrange for commencement of the Prize installation no later than one (1) month following the award of the Prize and installation must be completed at least 15 business days prior to Thursday, December 10, 2020; provided, however, that timing of the Home Office Makeover project’s starting date and completion date are subject to delays caused by circumstances such as pandemic sheltering and similar restrictions.
Claiming Sweepstakes Grand Prize. Within twenty (20) days of being notified by the Sponsor in writing that he or she is the official Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner, the Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner must provide his or her irrevocable and non-cancellable selection of either the Sweepstakes Home Makeover Grand Prize, the Sweepstakes Cash Grand Prize, or the donation to a Qualified Charity, to Sponsor in writing. Within twenty (20) days of Sponsor receiving such written prize selection notification, either (a) if the Sweepstakes Cash Grand Prize option is selected by the Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner, then Sponsor or an affiliate shall wire transfer to Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner the amount of USD $20,000.00 to the Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner’s designated USD-denominated bank account; or (b) if the donation to a Qualified Charity option is selected by the Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner, then Sponsor or an affiliate shall wire transfer to the designated Qualified Charity the amount of USD $20,000.00 to the designated Qualified Charity’s designated USD-denominated bank account; or (c) if the Home Office Makeover option is selected by the Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner, Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner shall, within twenty (20) days from the date of receipt by Sponsor of his or her written prize selection notification (including providing all of the information and documentation required under Section 7H), the following, among other things, may occur: (a) Sponsor will schedule a kickoff meeting with the winner and Consultant, (b) Sponsor and Consultant will submit a design and project plan to the winner; (c) The winner approves the design and plan, and (d) the Home Office Makeover project will follow the agreed upon plan. Sponsor anticipates that the onside work for the Home Office Makeover will be no more than three (3) business days. The Home Office Makeover Grand Prize winner must commit to the date of commencement of the Prize installation no later than one (1) month following the award of the Prize and installation must be completed within 90 days; provided, however, that timing of the Home Office Makeover project’s starting date and completion date are subject to delays caused by circumstances such as pandemic sheltering and similar restrictions. For purposes of clarification, Section 7I titled “Non-U.S. Currency” shall apply to non-U.S.-Dollar-denominated cash prize transfers under this paragraph.
Claiming a Sweepstakes Bundle Prize. Winner must contact Sponsor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for the delivery of the Prize. The individual prizes will be shipped to the winner’s address, and they will not be shipped together.
- Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, or exchanged. No substitution may be requested or is offered for a Prize, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to make a substitution, in whole or in part, for a prize of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for paying all taxes (including title, licenses fees, and finance and other fees, charges, and costs, if any) on a Prize, and any expenses not specified relating to the acceptance and use of a Prize. An IRS Form 1099 or similar tax reporting document will be issued to winners where applicable.
- Winners will be notified by a traceable form of delivery and e-mail or telephone. Each winner will be required to provide within a specified time period: (i) a photocopy of a valid photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or other form of government-issued identification and proof of age); (ii) a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release; (iii) an assignment to Sponsor of all rights of ownership and copyright to the submitted Video, Photos, or Testimonial; and (iv) a consent for Sponsor to use the Video, Photos, and Testimonial, in whole or in part and as edited by Sponsor, in all media for commercial and other uses without additional compensation to, attribution to, or prior review by the winner. In addition, a separate Talent Release Form signed by each individual appearing in the Video and Photos will be required. Failure to return the required documents in a timely way, or the return of any notification as undeliverable for any reason, will cause the entry to be void and an alternate inner to be selected. If any individual appearing in a Video or Photo is under the age of eighteen, the Talent Release Form must be confirmed, ratified and signed by the parent or legal guardian of the individual signing the document(s). The foregoing affidavit, releases, and consent are available for download on the Website. If and when applicable, the winner shall promptly notify Sponsor in writing (email acceptable) of the Qualified Charity selected to receive the donation. The Qualified Charity will be contacted directly by Sponsor regarding the donation. Sponsor, not winner, will be the party in whose name the donation is made.
Home Makeover Grand Prizes. In addition to the foregoing, the winners of the Home Makeover Grand Prizes must agree and have the ability to have the Home Office Makeover performed in his or her residence (including, but not limited to, landlord, condominium board, and similar consents if applicable). Additionally, the winner of the Contest Home Makeover Grand Prize must consent to having a video recorded of the makeover transformation process (“Makeover Transformation Video”). The Home Makeover Grand Prize winner’s residence must be in suitable condition for installation. Upon installation, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the Home Makeover Grand Prize to the Home Makeover Grand Prize winner, with the Home Makeover Grand Prize winner assuming full ownership and responsibility for the Home Makeover Grand Prize. Any costs associated with acceptance and use of the Home Makeover Grand Prize not speciﬁcally mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Non-U.S. Currency. In the event the winner does not have a USD-denominated bank account, the equivalent of the amount of the cash prize (in either the British Pound Sterling, Canadian Dollar, Danish Krone, Euro, Norwegian Krone, Swedish Krona or Swiss Franc, as designated by the winner) shall be wire transferred to the winner’s designated non-U.S.-Dollar-denominated bank account. Payment in any other currency is not available without Sponsor’s consent. The exchange rate for non-USD payment shall be the 4:00 p.m. London time closing spot foreign exchange rate for the selected foreign currency, as published by WM/Reuters FX Benchmarks on the business day immediately prior to the date on which Sponsor or its affiliate or agent initiates the wire transfer.
- By participating in the Promotions, entrants: (a) agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges and Sponsor and its agents in all matters, including the voting process, relating to the Promotions, which decisions shall be final in all respects; (b) automatically confer on Sponsor and Promotion Entities an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid-up, assignable license to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, city and state address, and to use, reproduce, display, modify, and create derivative works of all or any portion of the Video entry, Photos entry, Testimonial entry, and the Makeover Transformation Video for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including, without limitation, on air and within testigeltech.wpengine.com in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request; and (c) represent that the Video, Photos and Testimonial submitted is their sole and original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other party. Unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, the winners may be required to participate (at Sponsor’s expense) in, and hereby irrevocably consents to the use of his or her name and likeness in, post-drawing publicity promotions by the Sponsor and/or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. The winner will not receive any further compensation for such participation or use of his or her likeness, or for their consent to or participation in the Makeover Transformation Video.
- DISQUALIFICATION AND OTHER TERMS: Any attempt by an entrant to enter more than the stated number of Sweepstakes Entries, Videos, Photos, and/or Testimonial entries allowed by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, and/or any other methods, including, but not limited to, automated entry, will void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant shall be disqualified from the Promotion. Entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized Website. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to immediately terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotions may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to notify appropriate law enforcement and to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotions if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, the Sponsor also reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the Prizes from among the valid and eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- INDEMNIFICATION. By participating in the Promotions, entrants, on behalf of themselves and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby knowingly and voluntarily agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Promotion Entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assignees, from and against any and all claims, cause of action, liabilities, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of participation in the Promotions or the receipt, installation or use of the Prize, including, but not limited to: (a) the infringement of intellectual property rights of others, resulting in whole or in part from their participation in the Promotions and the acceptance and use of the Prize; (b) entrant’s breach of these Promotion Rules; (c) unauthorized human or technological intervention in the Promotion; (d) technical errors related to computers, servers, or telephone, data or network lines and/or service providers; (e) printing errors (whether in hardcopy or in emails or on web pages); (f) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable entries, mail or wire transfers; (g) errors in the administration of the Promotions or the processing of entries; or (h) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotions or receipt or use of any Prize. Sponsor and the Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by mobile application or website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotions and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Sponsor’s applications or websites.
- Participants agree that Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or mail, or for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure of Sponsor and its agents to receive entries for any reason whatsoever or for any errors, mishaps or problems, regardless of the cause, in the voting process. In the event Sponsor determines that the integrity of a Promotion has been impaired or corrupted for any reason and as a result cannot be offered or completed as planned, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Promotion and to select winners from among eligible Entries legitimately received prior to the event causing cancellation or termination; and notice of cancellation will be posted at the Website. Should Sponsor (or Judges as applicable), in their sole discretion, determine that there are insufficient entries worthy of being selected as a winner in the Sweepstakes or a finalist in or winner of the Customer Challenge Contest, they reserve the right to select less than the stated number of winners or finalists, as applicable.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. EVERYTHING IN AND ON SPONSOR’S MATERIALS, WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT MATERIALS ON ITS WEBSITES RELATING TO THE PROMOTION ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE AT ALL TIMES. IT IS ENTRANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT ACCESSING SPONSOR’S WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS AND ENTERING THE PROMOTION IS LEGAL AND NOT PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH ENTRANT IS A CITIZEN OR RESIDENT. NEITHER THE SPONSOR NOR ANY PROMOTION ENTITY SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROMOTIONS, ANY SUBMISSION OR USE OF THE SUBMISSION, OR ANY CONTENT EMBODIED THEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL OR REAL PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY REASON OF ENTRANT’S ENTRY IN THE PROMOTION, THE USE OF ANY SUBMISSION, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
- PROMOTIONS ADMINISTRATION; GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Sponsor reserves the right to correct, and Sponsor and Promotion Entities are not responsible for, any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules, the advertising or administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of Prize winners, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a Prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented for any reason from continuing with this Promotion, or the integrity and/or feasibility of a Promotion is undermined by any event, including but not limited to, fire, flood, pandemics, epidemics or other outbreaks affecting public health, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any government, economic area, federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event) the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, abbreviate, suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Promotion as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award Prizes from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of the occurrence of such Force Majeure event. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of California, USA. Except with respect to the protection and enforcement of the intellectual property rights of the Sponsor and the Promotion Entities and their rights to seek and/or obtain injunctive or equitable relief, any claim, cause of action or proceeding arising out of or relating to the Official Rules or any of the Promotions shall be resolved by mandatory, binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) as supplemented by AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The arbitration shall be conducted in San Francisco, California USA, and the Federal Arbitration Act, and not any state law concerning arbitration, shall apply. The arbitration award shall be final and exclusive, and the prevailing party in the arbitration may file an action in court to confirm and to enforce the arbitration award. Any such action, or any claim, cause of action or proceeding not subject to arbitration as set forth in this Section 14, shall be filed and adjudicated in a state or federal court in San Francisco County, California USA, and all parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts. Entrants irrevocably waive any rights to seek and/or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief and any defense of forum non conveniens. Should either party to a dispute pursue any other judicial or administrative action with respect to any matter included within the scope of this binding arbitration provision, the responding party will be entitled to recover its costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of such action. Further, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotions or any Prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- SPONSOR. The Sponsor is IGEL America Sales Corp., a New York (USA) corporation (New York Department of State ID# 4607504), located at 540 Howard Street, San Francisco, California 94105 USA. The names of the final Prize winners and Qualified Charities receiving a donation (if applicable) will be available on or about five (5) business days after their selection. The names of the winners will be posted when verified. For the names of the Prize winners and Qualified Charity(ies) receiving a donation (if applicable), go to www.workspacecoolplace.com or write the Sponsor at IGEL America Sales Corp., 540 Howard Street, San Francisco, California 94105 USA, Attention: “WORKSPACE COOLPLACE Winners List”.
©2020 IGEL America Sales Corp. All Rights Reserved. IGEL®, and “IGEL” in capital letters appearing at the bottom of the stylized design of a hedgehog, are registered trademarks of Sponsor or its affiliates. All other trademarks, including, but not limited to, Microsoft, LG, Sennheiser, Cherry, Herman Miller, UpLift, Nespresso, and their respective product names are the property of their respective owners.