The new IGEL UD3, our latest endpoint device designed to deliver modern cloud workspaces across a broad range of demanding multimedia use cases, is now generally available. You can witness the UD3’s latest features and even go inside to see the inner workings that drive its groundbreaking power and efficiency in our new video here:
Powered by the AMD Ryzen™ Embedded R1505G with Radeon™ Vega 3 Graphics system-on-chip (SoC), the IGEL UD3 provides secure, optimized performance within virtualized and cloud workspaces. Some of the key features and benefits of the IGEL UD3 include:
- Power and Efficiency: Turn any task into a high-fidelity digital experience. Together, AMD and IGEL enable unique optimization of the AMD Ryzen SoC, designed for performance with maximum energy efficiency.
- Ultra-secure chain of trust from keystroke to cloud. AMD’s Secure Processor, a built-in security system integrated into the Ryzen SoC puts system integrity and data protection right at the processor. This activation leverages a dedicated security system, initiating IGEL’s secure “chain of trust” starting at the hardware level.
- Experience hardware accelerated graphics. IGEL UD3 is the first endpoint hardware to be optimized for cloud connectivity with the Teradici PCoIP Software Client for Linux, including the PCoIP Ultra™ feature set.
- Versatility. The IGEL UD3 includes an optional integrated WLAN and Bluetooth and modern and legacy connectivity ports with SuperSpeed USB (3.2 Gen 1 Type-C™) and a serial port
REX Analytics: Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) and IGEL UD3 Offer a Superior Remote End-user Experience with GPUs
Recently, IGEL added native support for Microsoft WVD to IGEL OS. IGEL engaged Benny Tritsch and the REX Analytics Framework to show what the end-user experience looks like when connecting to a WVD host pool using the IGEL UD3. The test proved that the IGEL UD3 performed superbly. It also showed the importance of using a GPU to enhance the end-user experience in remote desktop sessions. View this performance comparison on REX Analytics here:
In addition to the aforementioned features and benefits, the IGEL UD3 has also been designed with the environment in mind:
- 50% less volume and 20% less weight than its predecessor reduces CO2 footprint for material and transportation as well as electronic waste.
- Chassis is made from 30% recycled plastics, which leads to less material and less paint.
- Maximum energy efficiency for minimum power consumption according to Energy Star, EU Eco design.
- Green, innovative production and transportation with less packaging made from recycled materials.
Further, IGEL endpoints usually stay fully operational up to 3x longer than standard PCs. IGEL also offers up to 5 years of warranty with device registration.
For more information on the IGEL UD3, visit: